Lüderitz Speed Challenge
LÜDERITZ WORLD RECORD CHASE 2017
This year, we limited the number of competitors to facilitate the performances of each rider, in total – 34 riders (Windsurfers & Kite Surfers) representing 17 different nationalities.
2014 RESULTS OVERVIEW
No less than 38 times, new RECORDS were set and then re-broken, ending the event with; 11 x New National Records and 1 x World Record!
NEW NATIONAL/COUNTRY RECORDS
- Andrew Redfern (Fiji) with 40.87 kts (75.5 kph average speed over 500m)
- Denis Vladimirov (Russia) with 47.67 kts (88 kph)
- Roger Ornvang (Sweden) improved his national record – Kite Surfing – with 43.19 kts (80kph)
- Remo Diethelm (Switzerland) with 48.31 kts (90 kph)
- Franz Grabner (Austria) smashed the National record with 47.88 kts (88.5 kph)
- Martin Tóth (Czech Republic) broke his country’s record often and finally ending with 46.73 kts (86.5 kph)
- Mark Grinnell (South Africa) set a new South Africa and all Africa record in Windsurfing with a truly impressive 49.92 kts (92.5 kph) – just short of the magical 50 knots
- Alain de Gendt (Belgium) – new Production Board Record of 46.66 kts
- Christian Bornemann (Germany) – new record in Windsurfing of 82 kts (90.4 kph)
- Zoran Jovanovic (Serbia) – new national record (Kitesurfing) of 31kts (74.5 kph)
- Patrik Diethelm (Italy) achieved the TOP windsurfing performance at the 2014 event by improving the Italian National Record with a very impressive 18 kts (94.7 kph) just 0.8 knots of the World Windsurfing Record!
- Christophe Ballois (France) set a brand new Disabled World Record (Kitesurf) with a superb and inspiring performance of 94 kts (80 kph)
Leaders of the 2014 Event each received a fabulous « CHRIS BENZ Chrono 300m » watch;
- Patrik Diethelm (Italy) – set a new Italian Windsurfing Record (51.18 kts)
- Sébastien Cattelan (France), twice Kite Surf World Record Holder achieved 53.90 kts (99.8 kph)
No less than thirteen (13) competitors exceeded their PBs during the 2014 event by pushing their top speeds to within reach of their country’s national records;
This year’s event has been truly historical – we have been honoured to witness legends of the sport sailing together:
Sebastien Cattelan (France) 1st to 50 and 55 kts (2008) (Kite Surf)
Anders Bringdal (Sweden) 1st to 50 kts in (2012) (Windsurf)
Erik Beale (British) 1st to 40 kts (1988) (Windsurf)
Thierry Bielak (France) 1st to 45 kts (1993) (Windsurf)
The 2014 Chris Benz Lüderitz World Record Chase Event had 9 days of racing with a variety of conditions and suitable for different levels. Riders have experienced much more and quickly identified what equipment to change to go faster in less wind – A threshold has now been crossed; The channel has never been this efficient, being improved before and during the event, for riders to attain personal performances never before or elsewhere reached!
Next year, with the recent experience gained by all the riders, will without a doubt, take top speeds to a new level! Roll on 2015…
The 2014 SUPER SPORT TV SHOW:
LUDERITZ SPEED CHALLENGE ORGANIZERS
Mark Grinnell & Raffaello Gardelli Surf’n’Curve (PTY) Ltd.
Follow us on Facebook
Find High Resolution videos and pictures on:
User : visiteur
Password : luderitz[/one_third]